The week came and went, my husband and came and went home, we spent most of last week in Boston and on the Cape. Now back to the grind and the first week of school back in session for the semester. STRESS….what is that?
Archive for August, 2009
Not much happening here, except lots of sun and high temps in the 90′s all week. Next week my husband will be here and we will be headed off to the Boston area for a few days! I will leave you with this for today!
1.A day without sunshine is like night.
2. On the other hand, you have different fingers.
3. 42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.
4. 99 percent of lawyers give the rest a bad name.
5. Remember, half the people you know are below average.
6. He who laughs last, thinks slowest.
7. Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.
8. The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.
9. Support bacteria. They’re the only culture most people have.
10. A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
11. Change is inevitable, except from vending machines.
12. If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.
13. How many of you believe in psycho-kinesis? Raise my hand.
14. OK, so what’s the speed of dark?
15. When everything is coming your way, you’re in the wrong lane.
16. Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.
17. How much deeper would the ocean be without sponges?
18. Eagles may soar, but weasels don’t get sucked into jet engines.
19. What happens if you get scared half to death, twice?
20. Why do psychics have to ask you your name?
21. Inside every older person is a younger person wondering, ‘What the heck happened?’
22. Just remember — if the world didn’t suck, we would all fall off.
23. Light travels faster than sound. That’s why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
24. Life isn’t like a box of chocolates. It’s more like a jar of jalapenos.
What you do today, might burn your butt tomorrow.
Enjoy the rest of your fabulous week!
Not much to report from the fronts. Work is extremely stressful with the recent changes and I am now more than ever reexamining my life and options. Summer is almost over and looking forward to my husband’s return home next week and perhaps some camping! In the meantime I dream of wanderlust and travel. Photography, writing and travel..do you get the theme here?
Ok, so here I am 13 months post op WLS. I thought it would be better. Most days things are but last night I suffered horrifically. I had a rather busy day on the road and when I returned home from work, I was feeling hungry and fixed dinner around 7:30pm. Shortly after I ate I noticed that I was not feeling well. Stomach pains starting looming, nausea, gas…you know the deal. So needless to say I spent the rest of the evening rolling around in pain, praying over the porcelain bowl in my bathroom. Retching is a horrible thing….painful to say the least. I felt like I was about to loose my intestines out my throat. I know TMI…sorry, but I must share with you all. I earned the right to bitch about this. Meat does not sit well in my pouch. I got severely stuck somehow in my craw. It wouldn’t go down or come up for a while. But when it did…oh my. I spent the rest of the night moaning in pain. My rant for the day!
The week flew by and now she is gone. My heart is broken and I am sad to see her leave. That’s what this week is about. And to top it off she may be moving to Albuquerque this fall. The next week holds the secrets to our future. I miss you and love you Miss Emma!